Egg-free, No Added Oil, Springy and with a good crumb.
I'm posting this recipe for Ms Marcella.
1 1/2 cup all purpose organic flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
2/3 cup water
4 Tablespoons ground flax seed or flax-chia blend
2/3 cup sugar
1 can organic pumpkin puree
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, powder with flour.
2. In a blender, combine water and ground flax or flax/chia blend. Blend until mixture thickens, about a minute.
3. Add sugar, pumpkin puree and vanilla to the blender jar. Process until well-combined.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
5. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Fold wet and dry ingredients just until blended. Do not over stir.
6. Spoon mixture into greased and floured muffin tin. Bake in preheated 350 oven for 17 to 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched. Note: baking times are shorter here in the arid southwest.